As this is a resubmission, all posts dated before October 2010 refer to the original submission. Substantial additional research and re-filming has been done since then.

Thursday, 13 May 2010

Evaluation: Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

When we were doing our preliminary tasks, we worked in groups and so each member of the group had a certain role. For my film opening  i worked on my own thus leaving me to fill every role. 

By working by myself i have had to improve my camera skills and the way i edit, as well as having to become a 'director' and write my own script. 

During the preliminary task i didn't have a large role within the filming aspect so i had to experiment with the different types of shots and angles. I was able to try out different shots as when i was researching film openings within media lessons we focused on the numerous types of camera shots and angles and what they connoted. 
I used a dutch angle in my opening to signify that something bad was about to happen, and used a variety of high and low angled shots to connote to the audience that the female protagonist was weak and to give a sense of power and control to the doll. 

As well as experimenting with the camera, i have had to learn how to use programs other than IMovie. I used Scribd to upload documents onto my blog, GarageBand to record my soundtrack and IDVD to burn it onto a disk and make a menu.  

If i were to do this task again i would definitely have started planning earlier so i would have had time for re-shoots and any character adjustments or replacements. I managed to produce one rough cut but due to the fact that i had to change my idea several times because of unforeseeable circumstances, it was hard to re shoot certain scenes and get audience feedback. 

I think the preliminary task differed quite significantly from the film opening task as the pre-lim was not meant to be serious. As the preliminary task was a swede and therefore was meant to come across as humorous and quite obviously low budget, i had to make sure that when i was doing my film opening, the murder looked real and not comical and fake. 
Despite keeping this in mind and trying to make sure my film opening didn't appear spoof like, it received a large amount of laughs from the audience. 
In my opinion the stabbing looked extremely fake and the doll didn't come across as being menacing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment